To view our range of furniture care products click here
Aluminium & Rattan Care Instructions
Remove any decorative cushions or furniture accessories before cleaning since they will require a separate process to remove any stains or mildew growth. Use a garden hose with a spray or “rain” setting to remove the largest pieces of dirt and debris from the metal. Avoid using a pressure washer or a strong setting on a garden hose nozzle as a strong and focused stream of water could damage the furniture’s finish.
After spraying the furniture off, fill a bucket with mild dish detergent and water. Using soft cloths and a soft brush, go over each piece of furniture and remove any remaining sediment. Pay special attention to the underside of the furniture and joints.
Our Synthetic Rattan collection should also be cleaned using Guardsman fabric protector. To ensure the longevity of your investment we recommend taking advantage of our commercial grade polyester furniture covers with PVC lining available instore or online. This will enhance the finish of your item and ensure that it is protected against the harsh elements.
Cushions and Fabrics
To optimise the life of your cushions, we recommend that they not be over exposed to long hours of sunlight or harsh elements.
Cushion and Fabric General Information Care Instructions
Follow these easy care instructions;
- Brush off loose dirt and dust regularly when dry
- Remove stains promptly to prevent permanent marking.
- To clean, soak cushion covers in Napisan soaker or the equivalent.
- For spot stain removal, vigorously apply and rub Sunlight Soap or the equivalent.
- Do not bleach or dry clean
- Remove red wine immediately by soaking up with household bicarbonate soda and vacuuming off once dry (return to couch to finish bottle...)
- Do not use solvent type cleaners
- Hand wash only
To ensure the longevity of your investment we recommend taking advantage of our commercial grade polyester furniture covers with PVC lining available instore or online.
Polywood Care Instructions
For regular cleaning, simply wash the product with soap and water. Just fill a bucket with a soap and water solution and wipe the polywood with a wash cloth or sponge. If there are smudges or marks on the product from regular use, they may take some scrubbing to disappear completely. If the wash cloth or sponge does not work, rub a bristle brush along the surface to remove stubborn dirt particles and other debris. Complete the general cleaning process by rinsing the furniture with a hose until no soap residue if left.
Cement Care Instructions
The cement top can be cleaned easily by using warm soapy water and has been manufactured to withstand alfresco elements or anything that children can throw at it!
Textiline Care Instructions
- Brush off loose dirt
- Hose down
- Prepare a cleaning mixture of water and mild, natural soap (no detergents)
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean
- Allow soap to soak in
- Rinse thoroughly
- Air dry
Furniture care for Kubu.
- Fill a bowl with water. Add a few drops of dish detergent and stir to agitate until bubbles form on the surface.
- Dip a soft cloth into the bubbles only, not into the water.
- Wipe the rattan with the bubbles. The slight moisture cleans without over-wetting the rattan, which can cause damage.
- Use a toothbrush or other soft brush to clean in the cracks and crevices, using the same suds-only cleaning method.
- Repeat weekly for best results.
Teak and Mixed Hardwoods Care Instructions